Veneers are small pieces of shaped porcelain used by dentists to restore the natural look of teeth. Veneers also protect the tooth’s surface from damage. We often use the same porcelain material used for making crowns and bridges. Veneers are used as well to change tooth shape, size, and/or color. Porcelain veneers are one of the most anesthetic methods of creating a more beautiful and pleasant smile.
What Types of Problems Do Porcelain Veneers Fix?
Porcelain Veneers are an important tool for the dentist, Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Worn down teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth that have gaps between them
- Irregularly shaped, misaligned and uneven teeth
- Teeth with stains or discolorations
How long can porcelain veneers last?
Porcelain veneers typically last 10–30 years. They may have to be replaced at this time due to cracking, decay, chipping, leaking, discoloration, decay, shrinkage of the gum line and damage from injury or tooth grinding.
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
Usually, getting a dental veneer requires three trips to the office. On the first, we will study your teeth to make sure dental veneers are best for you and discuss what the procedure will involve providing you with all the details you need. We will take X-rays and possibly make impressions of your mouth and teeth. The other two appointments are to prepare the teeth, take impressions for our lab and apply the finished veneers when ready.
When you have veneers you have to follow good oral hygiene practices, like brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash, Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, we may recommend to you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages like coffee, tea, or red wine.
What Are the Advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain offers a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Veneers can cover almost any imperfection, including gaps, chips, and stains.
- Porcelain Veneers are durable and scratch-resistant.
- Porcelain Veneers are long-lasting
- Porcelain Veneers give you the “Hollywood Smile you always Dreamed Of”